View Full Version : Google StreetView: Is this tool for burglars, for business or for all of us?

gstreetwalker
29-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Are you in favor of this new technology made available to the public?

benii
30-10-2009, 04:42 AM
yes, it is very helpful. You can see exactly what a building looks like before you drive there. Now I can actually pay attention to the road instead of looking all over for that evasive restaurant.

Zap
30-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I think it's helpful, but they have to respect private roads and stay off them.

jacoblied
02-12-2009, 05:25 AM
I heard that they use Google street view for good reasons as well like catching burglars!

Pacins
16-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I heard that they use Google street view for good reasons as well like catching burglars!

I am not sure how that would be done. As I understand it, streets view is not live...the image you are seeing was taken at a certain time in the past. So if a burglar is burglarizing a house, you would not be able to see it as it is happening.

For my business it is great. Often times I would need to visit a client's home and take pictures. Now I can often get a good picture of the client's home from streetsview.

Privacy is an issue, but as long as you use Streets view with a certain of level of respect then I don't see an issue..having said that if I see the google guys come and take pictures while I am outside watering the lawn I would ask them to come back later as I wouldn't want to be captured.

james crispy
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
sooo many great pics of random weirdness. I love it.
Thiefs make use of a different web tool. I forget the name of the site but it uses your GPS position and home address to allow thieves to know that you are not home!!

wellbalancedmarketing
13-04-2010, 03:24 PM
really not for burglars, if they really wanted to there are better tools than just a picture

Darlene_O
26-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Street view is fantastic if you are looking at real estate. I love the fact that when looking at a house I can get a view of the area it is located. :-)

david5
30-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Google Street View is a technology featured in Google Maps and Google Earth that provides panoramic views from various positions along many streets in the world.
It is very helpful to all of us not even for burglars, business but also for general public.

watch0912
11-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Yes, i have used it and i think it is a new cool feature developed by Google...They are always rocking..

derik22
12-05-2010, 03:16 AM
yes i use that.
i think is is useful to all of us.it has many nice features.

kimdicosta
02-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Street view is fantastic if you are looking at real estate. I love the fact that when looking at a house I can get a view of the area it is located.

GoodbyeToronto
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I really love Google StreetView and I think Toronto is very lucky to be one of a few Canadian cities to have it. It helps people become familiar with an area beforehand to make their transportation more efficient. Sure, their have been privacy incidents, but the web is right now in a period of learning how to cope with privacy. I think StreetView will soon be considered a great asset to navigation in cities and densely populated areas.

sara12
09-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Street view is fantastic if you are looking at real estate.
IT IS USEFUL TO ANYONE .

raynsingh
10-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Google StreetView S GOOD TOOL. IT IS HELPFUL TO EVERYONE.

msures
23-10-2010, 01:55 PM
It's very helpful! I'm a very visual person, so seeing a place before I get there is extremely helpful.

stefian
23-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I think that, like almost everything, it depends on the reason someone uses it.
Defenetely it helps if you want to find a new place to stay, or if you go for vacation etc.
On the othere hand, why should everyone know how your house looks like?
My opinion is that only places that have a reason to be in this map should be in it and Google should take permission before including a street in this!