View Full Version : the race in the US

EmmaB
29-03-2008, 12:24 AM
I know some of us are from the US, so I thought I would ask everyone what they thought of it so far. Who are you supporting?

ewomack
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't really like anyone. For me the choice is between the lesser of evils. We've had enough Republican leadership so a switch to the Democrats would be welcomed- not that it would change the fundamental system at all (all this talk of "change" rings rather hollow; the president can't make high level changes). I also wish we had more than 2 choices - the false dichotomy of Dem/Rep or Liberal/Conservative. My optimism for either side was sandpapered down by the past 8 years.

Mr. Grumpy...

Zap
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't really like anyone. For me the choice is between the lesser of evils.
Unfortunately, our situation North of the border is quite similar, even though we have more than two choices.

fastreplies
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
To be honest, the more I look the more I think that Americans deserve to have as their President people like G. W. Bush.

I think that Democrats are wimps who donít know how to win election and sometimes it seems to me that even if they run against 'no one', they still would loose presidency.

As to Republicans, they are hypocritical, corrupt, controlled by evangelical bibleheads and so out of touch with reality religious ideology that they simply canít govern the country making them extremely dangerous not only to Americans but to us all.

For all I know (their) God forbid they win election, we, the rest of the world, will face WWIII

My 2c.

fastreplies

Destiny
17-09-2008, 07:46 AM
i support Obama foreign policies as he told in his public speech

fastreplies
10-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, our situation North of the border is quite similar, even though we have more than two choices.

?Similar?
I don't think so. We do not have such a level of extremes and extremists as they have and of course we are more civil whan it comes to our politicians.

BTW, I like your style http://www.v7n.com/forums/955283-post96.html

fastreplies

Zap
10-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I meant that it is similar with respect to the fact that we often have a choice between the lesser of evils, rather than who's the better candidate.
I've had to vote for the lesser of evils in more than 50% of the votes I've participated in.

Our media and political parties are certainly more respectful, but we still sling mud now and then.

fastreplies
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
... but we still sling mud now and then.

Agree with you but... we do not put our candidates in front of mud puddle and then run colony of cars to achieve the best results
:D

fastreplies

Atom
10-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I know some of us are from the US, so I thought I would ask everyone what they thought of it so far. Who are you supporting?Insanity. I don't think I'll be voting this year.

Zap
10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Insanity. I don't think I'll be voting this year.

I don't blame you, Atom.
If I were an American, I don't know who I'd vote for.
I'd probably write in Ron Paul.

Atom
10-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't blame you, Atom.
If I were an American, I don't know who I'd vote for.
I'd probably write in Ron Paul.Yeah, forgot about him. Well, I guess that would be who I'd vote for then, if I was going to vote. I've never voted in a political election before. I know I said "this year" above, but, that was just a little sarcasm, mostly between me and myself.

Yeah I'm pretty damn disillusioned about this whole mess I seem to have found myself in here. Did you happen to see the video in my sig? I think that pretty well sums it up for me. I do think that the Venus Project is on the right track.

Zap
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, forgot about him. Well, I guess that would be who I'd vote for then, if I was going to vote. I've never voted in a political election before. I know I said "this year" above, but, that was just a little sarcasm, mostly between me and myself.

Yeah I'm pretty damn disillusioned about this whole mess I seem to have found myself in here. Did you happen to see the video in my sig? I think that pretty well sums it up for me. I do think that the Venus Project is on the right track.

I agree with you completely, Dude. I did indeed watch that video and it's predecessor.
It's pretty disheartening. It sort of reminded me of The Matrix, only not nearly as cool. :(
Like we've all been hoodwinked and everything we live is a lie.

I think about what I learned in that video, put it together with the headlines of today and, if it's accurate, I find myself thinking that a total meltdown of the world economy might not be such a bad thing. It would certainly bring everything to a head in a hurry.

Atom
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree with you completely, Dude. I did indeed watch that video and it's predecessor.
It's pretty disheartening. It sort of reminded me of The Matrix, only not nearly as cool. :(
Like we've all been hoodwinked and everything we live is a lie.

I think about what I learned in that video, put it together with the headlines of today and, if it's accurate, I find myself thinking that a total meltdown of the world economy might not be such a bad thing. It would certainly bring everything to a head in a hurry.Could the solution actually be as simple as "dropping out", as the Venus Project seems to suggest?

Zap
11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Could the solution actually be as simple as "dropping out", as the Venus Project seems to suggest?

Not with all the momentum of society against you, I don't think so. :(
I think it will take a major failure in the system at the same time as widespread consciousness of the evil nature of it so that, in that crucial moment, society decides to scrap that system, rather than rebuild it.

I think most of us have to say "Enough is enough" in unison at the right moment in time.

Atom
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Not with all the momentum of society against you, I don't think so. :(
I think it will take a major failure in the system at the same time as widespread consciousness of the evil nature of it so that, in that crucial moment, society decides to scrap that system, rather than rebuild it.

I think most of us have to say "Enough is enough" in unison at the right moment in time.I suspect you're right.

fastreplies
11-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I think most of us have to say "Enough is enough" in unison at the right moment in time.

Are you expecting Republicans to add their voices to our "Enough is enough" song too?
:biggrin2:

fastreplies

Zap
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Are you expecting Republicans to add their voices to our "Enough is enough" song too?
:biggrin2:

fastreplies

It's going to take a concerted effort from a lot of us.

jacoblied
02-12-2009, 05:32 AM
We need to give Obama more time, he was put into a real tough situation!

pollcolingwood
09-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Emma,

I am not from the United States but from the United Kingdom. Though I will support Obama in every aspect.

Cheers.

dpylyp
15-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Obama is a fabulous orator; but the rhetoric, talking heads, calling him a liar after he was duly elected as the leader.......
California want fiscal responsibility so they voted against tax increases.... Now they have the fruits to bear...5- 10 % layoff state wide, continuing debt, increased unemployment.

The reality is every one need to pay for medical services; pensions, education etc.
ECO friendly costs more not less.

We will have continuing disention until there is a unified goal or direction. (Too many people trying to drive the bus)

IMHO